Friday, May 1, 2020

Quara-What???

It's the year 2020, the world is in the midst of an pandemic. The world is fixing itself, while we are all home stuck inside. The grocery stores are refusing to sell alcohol to the outside states. The Government has acknowledged that aliens might actually exists. But yet we continue, we strive and push forward.

All sports (professional, and collegiate levels) are postponed. Yet we continue, we strive and push forward. In a time where first responders, Dr's, nurses are our heroes, we continue, we strive and push forward. In New England, we have 4 major sport teams that are our lively hood, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, and of course the New England Patriots. Red Sox have recently won a championship, Celtics are relevant and the Bruins are having one of the best seasons they've had in a while, even better then their Stanley Cup run that ended in a game 7 loss last year. But the biggest sports news to come out of  New England is the departure of one of the greatest QB's of all time. That's right, if you've been living under a rock for the past couple of months, the Golden Boy Tom Brady has left the New England Patriots via Free Agency to a VERY unlikely team in the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Tom Brady, a 6 time Super Bowl champ, All time win, passing and MVP leader in Patriots history has left for the Tamp Bay Buccaneers. I have tried to comprehend what has happened, and all I can say is thank you. Thank you for all you've done Tom Brady, thank you for all the ups and downs. Thank you for all the championships. Thank you for hard work and dedication you've shown in your time here. Thank you for showing New England what it takes to be a winner. You've put it all out there and walked away a champion. You've earned the right to get paid as a elite QB, to have another team entrust in your abilities. Do I wish you ended your career in New England? absolutely, but not everything has a fairy tail ending. I am not salty, I am not resentful, and I don't hate you or the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. I am not upset at Bill Belicheck, or Robert Kraft for allowing you to leave.

If anything, it has rejuvenated my faith in the New England Patriots and put the unknown in me. Unknown on how the Patriots will play, the unknown of who the starting QB will be, if BB will prove that he can build a winning team with a bunch of players that went undrafted (again).
I will always be a Tom Brady fan, mainly for what hes done for the organization, I will also be following the Bucs, so I can see how well, or unwell they're doing with our QB.

For the sake of things, I'm not going to touch upon the Rob Gronkowski coming out of retirement to join Tom Brady in Tampa Bay. It's exactly what I would have expected in the year 2020 thus far.

Thank you for reading, I hope to have more posts coming soon.


  

1 comment:

  1. I'm not salty either. Sad to see him go. I do wish he could have finished in NE and that Kraft finally paid him what he was worth. He took cuts in his salary every season for the sake of the team. Also I have no doubts that BB has a plan. That he will pull together another great team for us.

    ReplyDelete